Thursday 4 August 2011

My youth is slipping away.

In exactly 3 months I will turn 25.
This means I will officially be "mid-twenties". I will move up an age bracket in the statistics (no longer 16-24 or 18-24, I will be 25-34!!). I'll no longer be classed as a "young person".
How depressing.

As a result, I thought it'd be best to blog about some necklaces that remind me of my favourite things from my childhood/youth.

Bringing back any memories for you?


First up is my Carebears necklace. When I was younger I used to LOVE Carebears. This necklace is from eBay and only cost a couple of pounds.

 Also from eBay (from the same seller in fact) is this slush necklace. Its such a big necklace. There were several slush options however most were sold out so I settled on orange.
Slush puppies are by far the thing that reminds me of my childhood the most. I remember always getting one at the Metro station on my way for an adventure with my Mam and Nana and Grandad. I also used to get one at the bus station coming home from the Metro Centre. I always had to hide my slush when getting on the bus otherwise my Mam would end up arguing with the bus driver who thought I'd spill it. (Spill a slush?! As if! I never wasted any!)
I used to love trying all the flavours and getting different brands but Slush puppies were always my favourite. Blue raspberry was/is my favourite flavour too. Deffo going to try and hunt down a blue slush necklace!

It's such good detail though, with a bright blue straw and softer plastic fruit. :)

Next up is gingerbread men - or in the case of this necklace - a gingerbread family! This necklace is from Claire's and cost me about £2. I used to always get a gingerbread man at Greggs in the middle of said Metro journeys. We'd also sometimes make our own at home :)


Last up in this trip down memory lane is one of my newest necklaces. A house. I have wanted this house necklace for months, but at £10 I was a bit put off. However as its sale time I found it in the Accessorise sale for £3! THREE POUNDS! 70% off - what a deal!
The real reason why I love this necklace and why it reminds me of my childhood can be seen in the next picture....

It opens up and inside are the rooms of the house. This reminds me of Polly Pockets and all the other different kinds of doll houses I had or wanted (Barbie, Playmobil, etc).


Hope you like them :)

1 comment: