Monday 1 August 2011

Bargain hunt.

Once again I've not posted for a long time. I have so many blogs planned but haven't been able to find the time to post anything. This post is a bit out of date now but never mind.
In June there was an exciting post on the Money Saving Expert forums that Superdrug were selling off some products very cheap (as little as 10p!) so I, like many other bargain hunters, went on a mad Superdrug tour.
Most of the big named products that were selling for cheap (such as L'oreal, Herbal Essences etc) were sold out by the time I got there. That was fine by me as I don't use those brands and was happy to pick up some Superdrug own branded bargains.


I was happy with my mini haul :) All the products are vegan, except for the blonde conditioner which is veggie (contains honey) and is for my mam.


I bought two Coconut shower creams (one I bought after this picture was taken) for 49p. They smell SO nice!
The coconut oil wasn't reduced but it was buy two for £2.99 (instead of £1.99 each) and it can be used as a body moisturiser and/or conditioner, so I decided to pop them into my basket.


Next I bought toothpaste. I always forget Superdrug sell vegan toothpaste! The essential one was 39p and is a small tube so I bought it for my dad as he goes away often for work.
The sensitive toothpaste is for me. In the past year my teeth have got so sensitive and other vegan toothpastes which I've tried from Holland & Barrett and other health food stores haven't really helped but this toothpaste really has! It wasn't reduced but it cost about £1.69 (ish). Considering we normally buy toothpaste from H&B for about £3.49 and it really helps my teeth I'm chuffed!

Like I mentioned above the blonde conditioner is for my Mam. I don't even have blonde hair. She loves it and it only cost 20p! I bought her two bottles.
The hand wash cost 19p! Its really really nice! My mam is usually a bit picky when it comes to liquid soaps but when I told her it was 19p she gave it a go and loves it. She's gutted you can't buy it anymore.

Apparently the reason for the price reductions was because the products are either being discontinued or re-branded. I really hope Superdrug keep the coconut shower gel though!
Did you manage to find anything cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment