Wednesday 24 August 2011

Nail Art.

Well as I mentioned in my last post I've decided to give nail art a try.
There are so many nail art designs all over the internet and I'm by no means an expert. I saw a leopard print nail art feature in a copy of Look magazine a while ago and always wanted to give it a go.

I started off with "Parma Violet" nail varnish from Topshop as my base colour.

After two coats and waiting for them both to dry I used "Peeping Tom", also from Topshop to place random dots on my nails.

Once they were dry I used my Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique Dog & Flick nail art pen in black. It has a nib and a seperate thin brush. Typically I could only unscrew the lid to expose the brush and have only now just been able to pull off the cap to expose the nib (which would have made the nail art so much easier, but never mind!) Anyway, I drew random lines around the pink dots.


They're not perfect, but considering its the first nail art I've ever tried (unless we're counting Barry M nail effects haha) I'm pretty pleased with my results!
Now I know how to open the nib on the nail art pen I'll be doing more designs and hopefully buy some nail art pens in different colours.
The leopard print design can be done in any colours you wish (obviously) and I didn't follow any pattern or picture I just places the dots and lines where I wanted. I did practice a bit on paper first, but that was really just to get myself used to the nail art brush as its so long and thin!


Speaking of nail varnish, Models Own are currently offering a 50% discount at their online shop. You just enter FIFTYFIFTY in the discount code box at the checkout when you're buying £20s worth of products (or more) to get 50% off. If you spend over £25 (after the discount has been applied) you get free postage too! Its a really good deal, especially as their nail varnishes are so good! Its to celebrate them reaching 50,000 fans on Facebook. You probably already know this of course, but just incase you don't, you should check it out :)

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingyouupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! Really impressed with my first try :)
    Its off now as it got all chipped so I'm going to try a different nail art design very soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used this website so I haven't a clue if you'll see this but I'm having trouble opening the top of my Andrea Fulerton Dot & Flick nail art. How did you manage to open yours in the end? Thanks x

    ReplyDelete