Monday 1 August 2011

Waltz of the Flowers.

Yesterday I went to the Gateshead Summer Flower Show 2011 with my parents.

It was my first time at the Gateshead flower show and it was such a lovely day. The weather was so nice, and the show was a lot bigger than I thought. I'll definatley go back again.
Here are some photo highlights.






 There was samples of the yellow tomatoes and they were LUSH. So we bought a mixed tomato pack. I'm sad they're all gone now. If you see yellow tomatoes try them! They're so sweet! :)
 Gateshead is twined with Komatsu in Japan. Komatsu have given Gateshead a frienship garden to cemente the partnership.
During my Anthropology degree at uni I studied "Ethnography of a selected region: Japan" during my second year and it was by far one of my most memorable and favourite modules. As a result I'm really interested in anything Japanese so I enjoyed looking at the Japanese garden and bonsai trees.
 If you're friends with my on facebook you can look at the full photo album for more flower related pictures. I didn't include many here as was scared my blog post would be too photo heavy.

I was given some free seeds by the national trust which was really nice. Hopefully I can grow some tasty carrots!


As well as flowers, fruit and veg, there was also craft markets and stalls of independant retailers.
Here are some of the things I bought:

This mix and match cutlery set is amazing! The pieces are all so different but compliment each other so well. I'm keeping them boxed up until I finally move out (whenever that will be!) so for now these photos will have to do.

I also got an owl mug with an owl shaped coaster. Both of these items are from www.munchieandmillie.com so have a look :)

And because it's me, I also bought a necklace. I didn't own a chocolate related necklace before (can you believe it?!) so I decided to buy this little cutie for £5. I like how the label says "non edible" incase anyone is confused haha.

Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment