Tuesday 30 August 2011

Nail Art 2: Galaxy Nails.

Hello,

Yesterday I decided to try out Galaxy nails after seeing this  tutorial on YouTube.

First of all I started with two coats of  black nail varnish (I used Barry M).


After letting each coat to dry I took a make up sponge (like the video says) and ripped off a small piece. I covered the small piece in white nail varnish and used tweezers to pick up the sponge and sponge on the varnish to start off my nebula.
To be honest I found it a lot easier to hold the sponge with my fingers as using the tweezers didn't give me enough control, but try it if you want.


Next I sponged on yellow. I used Barry M's pale yellow. I did the next few steps downstairs while watching a film so the lighting in the photos isn't great. I think it'd probably be a lot easy to do this design at your desk.

Next I added a bit of a pinky colour. I used Barry M's Fuchsia.

In the video she adds blue/navy to her nails next. I did that on my thumb but the navy I used was too dark so you couldn't really tell I'd used it so I just added some more yellow over the pink to tone it down a bit.






The next step was white dots with a toothpick. I don't have a white nail pen but if I did I would have used it as the toothpick wasn't very good. It was probably more down to the fact that my white varnish is a bit old so is a little gloopy. Anyway, I didn't do many white dots (or stars).





The next step was to paint over my nails with a glitter polish. I used Model's Own Juicy Jules polish to do this.
I'm not sure if its too glittery though?


I then added a top coat and that's it!


These are the varnishes I used (minus the black, which was also Barry M).


Hope you enjoyed this post. I can't decide if I like my nails or not, maybe they are too glittery or the nebula is too big but I think I prefer how the girl in the video's nails turned out.
Next time I think I'll definitely add a blue.
x

1 comment:

  1. wow these look awesome. Still need to get round to trying them out!

    Helen, x
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete