Tuesday 1 May 2012

April Empties


Well its been a busy month yet again, so I must apologise once more for the lack of posting. I promise to get better at this!
I managed to use up 9 products last month, including two shower gels (yesss!) and three moisturisers! 






Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Rock 'N' Roll Extreme Hairspray 200ml. I got this hairspray for Christmas 2010 in a set and its lasted me AGES! I don't really have much hair so products/shampoos/etc tend to last me a ridiculous amount of time as I only need the smallest amounts. I'm not the best person to ask about ideal hairsprays but this did do its job. I mainly only used it for nights out to try and give myself a bit more volume. Its not a miracle worker (but then nothing is for me) but it was alright. I'll probably not repurchase though as I'm sure this range is expensive for what it is.





Radox Daily Elements Anti White Marks Pure Clear Anti-Perpirant Deodorant 50ml. I don't know what to say about deodorant. It smells alright and works. Its only anti white marks if its dry though, but thats probably the same as the rest?




Lush Happy Hippy shower gel 100g. I love this shower gel it's so refreshing and nice! Its not too lemony/citrusy which is good as usually shower gels can be too overpoweringly lemon. It sort of reminds me of a shower gel version of Lush's I Love Juicy shampoo (which I also love). If you've not used it before you should definitely give it a chance! I will no doubt repurchase this in the future once my collection has downsized some more. I can't recommend Lush products enough, they are without a doubt my favourite toiletries brand.



Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub 330g. Another Lush product! This shower scrub smells devine! Its made with fresh sea salt and has lemon and jasmine in. Its not to harsh, but strong enough to scrub away dead skin and leaves skin glowing. This tub has lasted me ages as I neglected it for a while when trying to concentrate on using up other rouge shower gels. I will certainly buy this again as its a product I love (love love love).




Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes 25 wipes. Another item that I love. The featured in my empties post last month (which you can read here) and they will probably feature again next month as I already have another pack on the go!



Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturiser SPF 6 10ml. I got this in a beauty box ages ago. I really enjoyed using this. It was quite thick but sank into my skin well and really helped when I went through a bad dry spell. It does smell of rose, however its not too overpowering. I don't really think SPF 6 is worthwhile (in my opinion) as I don't think anything less that SPF 15 is going to protect my skin so my gripe is if Korres are bothering to put in sun protection it should be higher. I don't rely on my moisturiser for my SPF protection though, just incase some people do. I'm still undecided if I will purchase a full size replacement as I have too many moisturisers on the go and in my 'to buy/try' list, but I will definitely consider Korres in the future.



Blue Lagoon Iceland Icelandic Formula Vitalizer 5ml. I got this as a free sample when I visited the Blue Lagoon back in 2009. Usually 5ml isn't really a size which you can get a good feel for a product, but with this a little really does go a long way. It helped my skin combat dry patches and left my face looking and feeling amazing. I probably won't repurchase unless I visit Iceland again (which I do hope to do sometime) because its expensive to buy and to ship.



Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser Sample. Another Lush product! I've previously bought this cleanser in the past, but when a face mask left my skin very damaged a couple of months ago I popped into Lush for help. The lovely woman gave me a sample of Celestial moisturiser and this sample when I bought an Oatifix face mask. I've since been given another sample of Angels. Lush seem to be big on giving samples out so if you have a local store you should swing by and try it (or a cleanser more suitable for your skin type!) They pack the product in and you only need a tiny amount so lasts awhile. Because I don't properly cleanse my skin twice a day, and I didn't use this every day it lasted me longer than the 'average' person. I still think the sample would last someone a couple of weeks with regular use. I would buy this again, but the only off putting thing is the shelf life. Because it is so fresh and natural the 'use by' date isn't far off from purchase date. I'm pretty flexible with the dates on Lush items if I'm honest, but I still wouldn't use the full size cleanser up quick enough. Hmmmm.



Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser 125ml. This is something which I have been using again and again on and off since I was a teenager. Its a very light and gentle moisturiser but is powerful enough to soften very dry skin. Its pretty amazing in that sense! It absorbs very fast and leaves skin fresh and ready to go. I usually use this on a morning as its a good base for make up, but its also strong enough for night time use too (for me anyways, and I have dry skin!) I've noticed a difference in my skin since I stopped using it and will definitely repurchase soon.


And thats the end of my nine empties. Did you use up much this month?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment