Wednesday 29 February 2012

Carmine February Beauty Box

Its that time of month again!
Since Feel Unique decided to stop their beauty box service I decided to sign up to another provider and thought Carmine might be worth a try.



This month's box is themed "fresh. fun. colour." and is supposed to get us ready for spring.

This is a 'first thoughts' sort of post as I've not tried anything in my box yet as I've been so busy (actually got the box on Tuesday, but like I say been too busy!)




The first item I noticed was a lipstick mini by Diego Dalla Palma which is a brand I'd never heard of. Its a very small sized sample, which I'm sure some would be unimpressed by, but I must admit it's very cute! I have too many lipsticks and only ever seem to wear them for nights out/special occasions so I'm pleased this isn't full sized as I think it would go to waste.
I got shade '47'. I liked how the card gave you a colour index list of their other shades.


A close up of my lipstick (sorry the photos are such bad quality!). Its a sort of peachy/pinky colour, although I know you can't really tell from this pic. Once I opened it I was even more pleased it wasn't full size as its not a colour I'd reach for....but that's the reason we get these boxes!


The next product I noticed was:


An Andrea Fulerton nail varnish in a sort of baby/neutral pink. This is a full sized product. I like Andrea Fulerton, however I'm not very impressed by this as I don't wear this shade and for some reason in all the beauty boxes I've had in the past I always seem to get the same/very similar coloured nail varnishes. Obviously this isn't Carmine's fault, its just the luck of the draw, but I'm not sure if I will use this so might just pass it on.


Next up:



Balance Me Super Moisturising Body Wash. This is another full sized product. I've not even opened this to smell it yet (its sealed and couldn't be bothered as I opened my box late at night) so not sure about if I'll like the fragrance (I'm sure I will). My first thoughts were "no not another shower gel!" I have far too many as it is! But, it makes a nice addition to my collection as I've never used Balance Me before.



Next up is White Glo toothpaste. This is another product which made me a bit disappointed if I'm honest. I know taking care of your teeth is important, but I'm not overly interested in having white teeth. I'm not saying I like the yellow teeth look, but to me teeth that are too white look false and I just don't really see the point. Obviously I've used whitening toothpastes before and probably still will in the future, but I have very sensitive teeth and have only recently found a suitable toothpaste for them (its from superdrug if you're wondering!) so I'm reluctant to change.
I probably will try this at some point, but I can't see myself repurchasing as Superdrug seriously has the best toothpaste at an unbeatable price.



Next is a 'bonus' item, Peony eau de toilette sample by Yardley London. Again, I've not heard of the brand or tried the fragrance. Not really bothered to be honest!


Last up is what will probably be my favourite product of the box:


A full sized, leopard print tub of Steam Cream. I've been wanting to try this for a while so am pretty excited by this! Hands down the stand out product of this months box (in my opinion) and definitely makes me pleased I signed up to this month's Carmine box.


Once I've tried everything out I will let you know how I find them etc.

Did you try Carmine this month?
x

2 comments:

  1. My mum said I should try steam cream so you'll have to report back. I like how you managed to get a tin that suits you :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete