Wednesday 4 July 2012

June Empties

Another month and another slightly late empties post (oops!) This month I managed to get through an impressive 14 items.




Superdrug Simply Pure Refreshing Toner Sensitive Skin 200ml:  I loved this toner. It was in my may favourites post (here). It was really good value for money. I will definitely be buying it again once my other toners have been used up!

Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam 125ml: I got this years and years ago and never though it would end! Granted I had forgot about it for a few years, and should have probably threw it out....but seeing as it was expensive at the time and half full I decided to use it up. Considering my skin is dry, and I very rarely get spots this cleanser worked quiet well for me. I didn't use it every day as I think it would have been too harsh, and I wasn't keen on the smell, but apart from that it did the job.

Superdrug Facial Cleansing Wipes Fragrance Free 25 wipes: These were good. Didn't irritate my skin or eyes, so their sensitive skin claim is true. They only cost 99p too which is good. The biggest down side was how dry they were. Not too dry to use, but not as moist as more expensive face wipes. I would buy them again however as they removed my make up well.



Superdrug Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Pads 30 pads: These are also for sensitive skin. They were amazing. They really did get rid of every last trace of mascara etc. However due to the size I usually had to use two (one for each eye) if I had a lot of make-up on. Superdrug usually have offers on like "2 for £XX" or "3 for 2" so I am sure I will pick these up in future.

Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 75ml: This has featured in my January empties (here).




Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion 30ml: I got this in a Feel Unique(?) box at the start of the year. I neglected it as I've mentioned before I'm far too lazy for body lotions. I decided to give it a go last month and I LOVED it! It smelled amazing, I'm really bad at describing smells, so sorry for not trying but it wasn't anything distinctive. Sort of typical Caudalie (typical of the other Caudalie products I've tried). It absorbed into my skin really quickly and left a nice light toned feeling, rather than that sticky greasy feeling that I hate. I will consider buying a full size!

Lush The Olive Branch shower gel 100g: This is one of my all time favourite shower gels. I've repurchased this time and time again. Its really good for dry skin as its very moisturising due to the olive  oil in it. Its a lovely light fragrance and I will probably get another bottle at some point. If you've not tried this shower gel, or you're not into Lush products, I recommend you do!




Lush Iced Wine Shower Jelly 100g: I got this Christmas 2010 and it has been sat in my bathroom, almost empty for a stupidly long time. It was bright red and the smell reminded me of strawberry jelly. This was a limited edition jelly as part of the Christmas 2010 range, and I didn't notice it last year. If Lush reintroduce this to their seasonal line I would buy it again in a flash as it was very fresh and fun :)

Soap & Glory Travel Size Flake Away Body Scrub 50ml: Another item that was sat in my bathroom with barely anything in it. I liked this scrub, but its not my favourite.  I'll no doubt use this again at some point, as it always seems to pop up around Christmas, but I'll not rush out to buy it.





Original Source White Pear and Avocado Damage Limitation Shampoo 250ml: Finally I've used up a shampoo! It takes me AGES to use shampoos up for two reasons. 1. I have too many shampoos and my hair is weird so I actually need to mix it up often. 2. My hair is also super thin so when I wash it I only need the smallest amount of product. These factors mean shampoo is used up super slow!! I loved the smell of this shampoo! I love pears so this fragrance was always going to be a winner. I probably would buy this again if I spot it in home bargains or somewhere; however the best shampoos for my hair seem to be Lush's solid shampoos.

Trevor Sorbie Beautiful Volume hairspray 50ml: I'm not sure I ever believe the claims of hair products that say they produce volume; but that is probably because my hair is so rubbish. I got this as a gift in a set. It was a good hairspray and the perfect size to take on a night out for touch ups.





e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set 60ml: I loved this! The information rubbed off quickly, and the spray wasn't the best (so I swapped it with Simple Moisturising Mist from last months empties) but it really did help my make up last. It was also great at giving my skin a refreshing boost throughout the day. I will buy this again, probably the next time elf have some sort of free postage offer.

benefit The PoreFessional Primer 7.5ml: I got this free in last month's Glamour magazine. I had heard a lot of good things about this primer, so was pleased I could try it out and see if it lived up to the hype. I'm not sure if its as good as people claim, but it really is a good primer. It helped minimise my pores and helped my foundation last all day. I doubt I'll repurchase though as its about £24 for a full size (which I'm sure is only about 20ml?!) so I think its too expensive!

Figs & Rouge Balm Sweet Geranium 8ml: I was SO excited (and sad) when I finished this product! Excited because I've never finished a tub of lip balm ever. I know, shocking, but I always seem to get about half way through a tub lip product and then lose it! I made sure I kept this with me at all times so I couldn't lose it. I was sad because I loved this balm so so much. I got this in a beauty box ages ago, but it's alright as I received another figs & rouge balm in GlossyBox (I think?) a month or so ago. This is without a doubt my new favourite lip balm and I think I will be using it again and again!


And that concludes the end of my empties post for this month. 14 items is pretty good right? Well I'm already on 6 (yes that's right SIX) empties for July. I know it's only the 4th, I don't know whats going on haha. I seem to have developed an obsessive need to use everything up. That's good though.
Did you get through many products in June?
x

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I've just started using my ELF setting spray again and am loving it.

    I saw your comment on my blog, if you're still interested in swapping creams my email ad is leannestundon@hotmail.com or tweet me xXxStundonxXx

    xxx

    ReplyDelete